My husband, Meistr Gruffudd ap Cadfael, and I live in the Barony of Stierbach in the Kingdom of Atlantia, along with our son, Alexander ap Gruffudd ap Cadfael.
I joined the SCA in August 1992 at the College of Boethius in the Kingdom of Caid. My device is Argent, in pale three strawberries proper between flaunches gules.
I have one protégée, Lady Amie Sparrow. Former protégée Mistress Alina Silverthorne is now a member of the Order of the Laurel.
I maintain a few other websites, including Early Music DC and the Washington Early Music Festival. I do a lot of development of online material culture resources, including some for the 18th century. To find the latest developments on the website, and other interesting news, visit this Facebook page.
- Order of the Laurel, July 22, 2006
- Holder of the Dreamer's Cup of the Barony of Stierbach, January 26, 2004
- Order of the Pelican, November 2, 2002
- Undine, September 8, 2001
- King's Award of Excellence, April 7, 2001
- Order of the Golden Dolphin, May 13, 2000
- Order of St. Roch of the Barony of Stierbach, November 20, 1999
- Order of the Pearl, July 10, 1999
- Augmented Bead of the Barony of Ponte Alto, November 9, 1996
- Award of Arms, February 25, 1995
- Museums columnist for Tournaments Illuminated, since April 2007.
- Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences, January 2005 to March 2007.
- Deputy interim editor of The Oak, 2004-2006.
- Chatelaine of the Barony of Stierbach, January 2001 through January 2005. Stierbach was recognized for having the Best Newcomer's Program of the Year in March, 2002.
- Editor of The Compleat Anachronist, autumn 2000 through autumn 2003.
- Charter Member of the Atlantian Embroiderers' Guild; I coordinate various projects and activities, but mostly, I'm the website maintainer, and I design patterns for some of the guild's group projects.
- Chronicler of the Barony of Stierbach (10/98-10/00). The Bull was nominated for a Master William Blackfox Award for layout and design in August 2000. I also served as the baronial webmaster for a few months during that time, and again for a few months in the late summer of 2002.
- Editor of Gusti i Fatti in 1997 and 1998 (arts & sciences annual issue for Ponte Alto). I received a Master William Blackfox Award in August 1998 (for best article in a newsletter); the issue was also nominated for best special issue of a newsletter.
- Deputy to the Minister of Arts and Sciences of the Kingdom of Atlantia (8/97-2/01, and on an interim basis from spring to autumn of 2001, and again since around 2008).
- Seneschale of the Incipient College of St. Stephen (1/95-8/96)
- Seneschale of the College of Boethius (6/93-8/94)
Articles in SCA Publications
The Birthday Bullfights (deputy autocrat) of the Barony of Stierbach, June 2000
University of Atlantia XL (site coordination autocrat) St. Stephen/Atlantia, June 1996
Collegium Borealis (site coordination autocrat) St. Stephen/Stierbach/Ponte Alto, July 1995
Festival of the Rose, Boethius/Caid, April 1994
- Doing Research: A Panel Discussion (with Jadwiga Zajaczkowa and Nicolaa de Bracton, Pennsic 34; and again with Jadwiga at Pennsic 35)
- Design Your Own "Oxburgh Hangings" (University of Atlantia LXIV)
- Demystifying Documentation (Kingdom Crusades 2004)
- On Courtesy (excruciatingly boring class on medieval etiquette taught at University of Atlantia LIX)
- Klosterstickerei: German Figural Embroidery in the 14th and 15th Centuries (University of Atlantia LVIII)
- Pattern Darning (University of Atlantia L)
- Goldwork and Metal Thread Embroidery (with Branwen Madyn Wallis, University of Atlantia IL)
- Bayeux and Beyond (University of Atlantia XLV, University of Atlantia XLVII, and "Love & War: Unto the Gates of Hell")
- Cross Stitch for Beginners (University of Atlantia XLIV)
- Embroidery for Beginners (with Roxanne Greenstreet, University of Atlantia XLV)
- Subtext in Stitches: Symbolism and Metaphor in Period Embroidery (University of Atlantia XLV)